Monday 5 October 2009

What next?



Oh joy, thy name is Joss Whedon. The Sci-Fi channel is running Buffy the Vampire Slayer from the very start. Thankyouthankyouthankyou. I was all for an evening free of the black box until I did the whole channel surfing thing...which is usually a delay tactic until I give myself a talking to...and whaddya know, there was Ms Summers looking all slayer-ish. And young. The whole cast looked so pink and perky.




Those Not in The Know usually give me a ribbing for enjoying this programme and think I’m all about the nubile young lady kicking ass. Ok, I admit that’s a bonus, but this programme is SO clever, humourous, involving, layered and well-written. If you want to know how to write a TV programme you’d do yourself a favour by studying this series.



Talking about writing, which we almost were...now having finished my latest book and having sent it on to my “first reader” to have a look at, I’m at a loss as to what to do with myself next. I got home from work tonight, had my meal, watched Buffy and then...and then I was all, what next? This would have been the point when I thought about writing, procrastinated about writing, put off actually writing until... just before bedtime I would force myself to squeeze out a couple of hundred words.



I think I’m suffering from Nextbookitis. I don’t know what to do next. Another crime novel? The next part of the historical/ adventure/ true story/ faction book?



It’s a good job I have this blog. I love the whole free-style writing thing where I just type and all kindsa shit appears on the page. And I get you nice people leaving me messages. Which I really do appreciate. The loneliness of a long-distance blogger is a whole other subject you don’t want to get me started on.



While I procrastinate about making up my mind, I noticed that those amazingly clever people at the Sci-fi channel are running series 1 of Dollhouse from the start. We’ll call it research. Joss Whedon, you the man.

6 comments:

  1. i loved the whole buffy - angel relationship. it's a good guilty pleasure, for sure. i don't admit this to everyone, but i loved Charmed, specifically the episodes when Phoebe was madly in love with the 'source of all evil'

    ReplyDelete
  2. your secret is safe with me, Thea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buffy and Angel are both completely awesome, no doubt about it. But Firefly, IMHO, is his best to date, although Dollhouse is certainly appealing!

    We loved Charmed, too. You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, I never saw the first seasons of Buffy or Dollhouse.

    Ditto on Firefly. Bring it back! Nathan would love to work on two shows at once I'm sure, because it wouldn't be Firefly without Nathan Fillion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. have you heard of 'sons of anarchy'? that seems to be a hot new show now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't get round to watching SoA, Thea. The first series just ran on one of our satellite channels. will look out for it.

    ReplyDelete