Sunday 3 April 2011

Newsflash: In the Raw e-book available now!



In honour of the fact that I’ve published my first poetry collection to Kindle (you lucky, lucky people) I’ve decided to make this poetry month on May Contain Nuts.

No. Don’t exit just yet.

If you like poetry, you’ll enjoy it. If you don’t like poetry it’s probably because you’ve never really tried to. You had a crap teacher who read you some unintelligible stuff from ancient history with a tone of voice that suggested he/she’d rather be scratching their hole with a poisoned dart.

Poems are like people, they come in all shapes and sizes and just as you don’t like every person you meet, you won’t enjoy every poem you read. However, if you look you WILL come across a poem that will make you smile/ laugh/ gasp/ think/ hug your child/ friend/ partner.

In honour of this event I bought myself a copy of the newest collection from Bloodaxe called Being Human. In the bookshop I opened the book at random and my eyes lit on the following stanza ...

“I believe that if you roll over at night
in an empty bed
the air consoles you”
(excerpt from What I Believe by Michael Blumenthal)

How good is that? Gave me goosebumps.  Simple language and in just a few words a whole world is revealed.

As for In The Raw, it was going out of print so I thought; why not? Everybody else is doing it.

BUY IT HERE

It’s going for the huge price tag of £1.08/ $1.50 so it won’t have the moneylenders sending out their man with a chib.

If you buy it and you don’t like it, do me a favour and forever hold your peace, or you’ll find me sobbing into my Glenmorangie. Us poets are fragile creatures dontcha know.

If you do like it do me a favour and click on the “like” button. And write a review. Reviews are the biggy as far as Amazon is concerned.

So, lucky people stand by for a month of shagalicious poetic musings and poetry to make your hair stand on end.


4 comments:

  1. This could be a learning curve for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ricky, I hope it gives you food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Michael - we need some raw poetry amongst the fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I love that line. Like you said, profound. I'll get to Amazon this week and give you a review.

    ReplyDelete