Thursday 21 November 2013

An interview ...

You know how it is, no posts for months and now two in a matter of days. Do I spoil you people or wot?

Anywho, I've been busier than a one legged man in an arse kicking contest and I thought I'd share with you some of my goings ons (if that's not a real saying it should be) over the last wee while.

I had a blast at the Grantown crime festival with Caro Ramsay, Alex Gray, Lin Anderson, Malcolm Archibald, Marc Douglas Home - wonderfully organised by the might atom herself, the owner of one of the best wee bookshops in Scotland, The Bookmark - Marjorie Marshall.

On the Friday, Marjorie organised a Crime and Dine evening where we had two authors to a table and we moved to a different table for each course of the meal. It was an excellent evening. Good food and even better company. Here's a photo (lifted from Caro's website). 




Another fun night was an "In Conversation ..." evening I had at the University of the West of Scotland, chaired by Dave Manderson with Douglas Skelton and myself talking about our books.

Before they let us loose on the audience, we were interviewed for the University's radio station. The interview is HERE

Go on. You know you want to.

I don't. But that's another story.

There is a short film - very short - of the event on Youtube somewhere. But I can't inflict that on you.

Laters,
M



6 comments:

  1. Go wacky with the posts, Michael!
    Glad you had a good time. You were indeed in fine company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. Who knows, I might even do another one soon. Need to have a lie down first.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Great! Hope the accent wasn't too difficult for you, Linda.

      Delete
  3. Can't believe I missed this. Must have had my head buried in Dakota's book. Headed over to watch the interview. Looking good, Michael. Very writerly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful interview. Glad to have you on Itunes to carry along, ;)

    ReplyDelete